1)A father said to his son, "I was as old as you are at the present at the time of your birth". If the father's age is 42 years now, the son's age six years back was:
Let the son's present age be x years.
Then, (42 - x) = x
2x = 42.
x = 21.
Son's age 6 years back (21 - 5)
= 15 years.
2) A man is 24 years older than his son. In 2 years, his age will be twice the age of his son. The present age of his son is:
3) Ms. Anita is 30 years older than her daughter, In 10 years, her age will be thrice the age of her daughter. The present age of Ms. Anita:
4) Radha is 30 years younger than her aunt today. Five years ago, Radha was one-fourth as old as her aunt. How old will Radha's aunt be 8 years hence?
5)The age of the father 3 years ago was seven times the age of his son. At present the father's age is 5 times that of his son. What are the present ages of the father.
A) 40 yrs
B) 45 yrs
C) 42 yrs
D) 48 yrs
6) Father's age is three years more than three times the son's age. After three years, father's age will be ten years more than twice the son's age. What is the father's present age?
A) 32 yrs
B) 33 yrs
C) 40 yrs
D) 35 yrs
7)The present age of a father is 20 years less than three times his son's age. If the present age of the son, in years is an integer, which of the following choices represents the present age of the father?
A) 55 yrs
B) 48 yrs
C) 53 yrs
D) 38 yrs
8) Anand is two years older than Bhaskar, who is twice as old as Suman. If the total of their ages is 27, the how old is Bhaskar?
9) In 30 years, age of a person becomes three times of his present age. What is his present age?
A) 6 yrs
B) 15 yrs
C) 10 yrs
10) In 18 years, age of a person becomes seven times of his present age. What is his present age?