1. Raju walks 10km towards North. From there, he walks 6km towards south. Then he walks 3km towards East. How far and in which direction is he with reference to his starting point ?
A) 7km , East
B) 5km , West
C) 5km, North-East
D) 7km, West
Answer:C) 5km, North-East
Raju walks N=10Km, towards S=6Km, then towards E=3Km. So having opposite pole N= 10-6 = 4,
then the distance from starting point is :
5 and the direction is north-east
2. Badri started walking towards East. After moving a distance of 1km, he turned southwards and walked 5km. Again he turned to East and walked 2km. Finally, he turned to the North and walked 9km. How far is he from his starting point ?A) 7km
Badri walks E=1km, turn S=5km ,turn E=2km and finally turn N=9km.Having same pole E=1km+2km=3km.Got N=9km-5km=4km(as North and South is opposite pole).Now we got E=3km,N=4km.Distance from starting point is 3km+4km=7km.
3. Priya goes 30mts North, then the turns right and walks 40mts, again she turns right and walk 20mts . She again turns right and walks 40mts. How many meters is she from her original position ?A) 7km
Priya goes N=30mt,turn right i.e E=40mt,again turn right i.e S=20mt finally turn again right i.e W=40mt.The opposite pole E and W having same value so got cancel. So N=30mt+20mt=50mt which is 5km.
4. Shiva went 15kms to the west from his house the turned left and walked 20kms. He then turned east and walked 25kms and finally turned left covered 20kms. How far was he from his house ?A) 0km
Shiva went to W=15km,turn right i.e S=20km,Turn E=25km and finally turn left i.e N=20km.South and North got cancel because of having same value. So distance 20km-10km=10km.
5. A man went 40kms south, turns right, travel 20kms. Again he took 10kms, 20kms, 30kms always taking left each time. In which direction and how far is he from the starting point ?A) South, 30kms
Answer:C) South, 20kms
Man went S=40kms,turn right i.e. W=20km,again turn left i.e. S=10km,turn left i.e. E=20km, finally turn left i.e. W=30km.West and East is canceled out. Now South is 40kms+10kms=50kms and north is 30kms.As S And N opposite pole so 50kms-30kms=20km.
6. Latha started walking a distance of 40kms towards South and took left 30kms. Then she took left walking 40kms and finally turned towards East walking further 35kms.How far and which direction is she from the starting point ?A) 60kms,East
Latha walks toward S=40kms,took left means E=30kms,again took left i.e. N=40kms and finally turns right i.e. E=35kms.S and N got canceled. E=30kms+35kms=65kms.
7. Ramu started to wards East from his house travelling 50kms and took 30kms. Again he travelled 20kms, 30kms, and 40kms always taking each time. In which direction and how far is he from the starting point ?A) East, 30kms
8. From his office, Rahim walks 15m in South. He turns right and walks 9m. He again walks 25m by turning left. How far is he from his office ?A) 40m
9. A person travelled straight from his house a distance of 2km, he took right and travelled 1km again he travelled 1km in the right direction. If he is in the South-West direction from his house, in which direction did he begin the Journey ?A) 40m